Sunday, January 3, 2010

Favorite moment of 2009...

was hearing peanut's heartbeat!!! That's right, WE'RE PREGNANT!! I know many of you never thought this day would come. Yes, we finally decided to start our own little family. Little peanut is scheduled to arrive around July 7th and we are very excited.

Things are going good so far. The first trimester consisted of 24 hour nausea, eating lots of cold fruit, a short stint of bed rest, and regularly scheduled Wednesday night trips to hang my head over the toilet. Thank goodness the nausea stopped just in time for Christmas! I am very thankful to be eating normal and cooking dinner again. I hadn't cooked a meal since Thanksgiving and I think Ryan was getting a little tired of fishing through the pantry every night.

I am going to try to post more often this new year. There were so many things that happened last fall that I just didn't take the time to post, and more than anything I want this to be a journal of our life that we can look back on. So one of my goals for the new year is to try to post once a week.

We go back for another ultrasound in about 2 weeks and I can't wait to see how much peanut has grown and hear that little heartbeat!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Emily!! I read your comment and about fell off my chair! I'm so excited for you and Ryan! I'm so glad you're feeling better! Take comfort in knowing that if you have morning sickness you should have a much lower risk of miscarriage. At least, that would make me feel better. Congratulations! Very exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you guys! and i am glad that the sickness is going away, there is nothing worse then feeling sick all day!

    ReplyDelete